In Santa Margarita late yesterday afternoon, a shed caught fire at the home of Jody Matthews. She says she was preparing to celebrate her birthday with Brent McGregor when she learned of the fire. Brent McGregor suffered a medical emergency while fighting the fire with a garden house. He’s now hospitalized.
Santa margarita fire responded at 4:45. They extinguished the fire before it spread to other buildings. Santa Margarita deputy fire chief Robert Guy says it’s important that you have a safe zone around your home.