Herd Immunity at CMC 3.10.2021

The California Men’s Colony has reached herd immunity. That’s the report from the Sacramento Bee. They found that seven of the state’s prisons have crossed into herd immunity. The Mens Colony has confirmed about 2500 inmates in the population had the virus. Ten people with coronavirus died at the Men’s Colony. The Men’s Colony houses…

SLO Co Covid Update 3.10.2021

The health department out with its report on covid. They report 92 new cases in the county. That brings the total in the county to test positive to just under 20,000 people. That’s out of a population of about 175 thousand people. Another person with covid dies. They don’t give his or her age. The…

Atascadero City Council 3.10.2021

Atascadero city council conducted a virtual meeting Tuesday night from the rotunda. City manager reported that Galaxy Theaters is now open. She says they opened late last week, and that they are expanding their service to the community. She encouraged people to go to the city’s website (visitatascadero.com) to learn what movies are showing. Rachelle…

Paso Robles School District 3.10.2021

Paso Robles School Board met last night in a virtual meeting at the PRJUSD Board Room. YouTube recorded the meeting, so it’s available to be viewed by any interested parties. Chief Business Officer Brad Pawlowski gave a Second Interim Financial Report. It shows that the district currently has a $9.2 million dollar budget reserve. That’s…

Opener For Wednesday 3.10.2021

Did you get some rain at your place overnight? Most areas received a fraction of an inch. The city of Paso Robles reporting just under four tenths. Weather forecasters are saying we’ve got a 60% chance of rain today. Tapering off tonight. A 40% chance of rain tomorrow. Then mostly sunny skies Friday in the…

North County Weather 3.08.2021

Mostly sunny skies with temperatures in the low 60’s. Partly cloudy overnight, lows near 34. WSW 5-10 miles per hour. Sunshine mixed with clouds tomorrow. About a 25% chance of rain. Highs in the upper 50’s. The extended forecast calls for rain tomorrow night and Wednesday. About a 75% chance of rain beginning around 11…

In Sports 3.08.2021

The Cal Poly baseball team beat Utah valley 6-0 yesterday to complete a three game sweep. The Mustangs improve to 6-4, that’s after starting out 1-3. Coach Larry Lee said, “We’re starting to feel more comfortable in a lot of different aspects.” Brooks Lee hit his third home run of the season. He’s now batting…