Local news in San Luis Obispo County including San Miguel, Paso Robles, Shandon, Templeton, Atascadero, Santa Margarita, San Luis Obispo, Avila Beach, Morro Bay, Cayucos, Cambria, Pismo Beach, Arroyo Grande, Santa Maria, and other cities along the Central Coast of California.

North County Weather 12.29.2022

Rain this morning, showers this afternoon, highs near 54. Light variable winds. Tonight, cloudy with rain showers overnight, lows near 50. The chance of rain 60%. Light variable winds. Tomorrow, cloudy with occasional showers during the afternoon hours. Highs near 60. SSW winds 5-10 miles per hour. The chance of rain 40%. The extended forecast…

Asylum Seekers 12.29.2022

Immigrants hoping to walk across the border from Mexico are growing in number. Many anticipated that Title 42 would be lifted, and that would open the floodgates for immigration. Title 42 was a Trump-era rule that turned away migrants as a public health threat. Tuesday, the supervisor court ruled on a 5-4 vote to keep…

From Trains to Planes 12.29.2022

From trains to planes, the delays caused by winter weather conditions continues for Southwest Airlines. Travelers whose flights were canceled on that airline are encouraged to submit receipts. Southwest CEO Robert Jordan says the airlines will operate a reduced schedule for several days, but hopes to be “back on track before next week”.

Grover Beach Train Fatality 12.29.2022

In Grover Beach, the investigation continues into the fatal train accident which occurred at 2:40 Tuesday afternoon. An unidentified man wearing a hooded jacket was walking north along the tracks when a northbound Amtrak train came up behind him. The train engineer sounded his horn, and slammed on the brakes, but the train was traveling…

Ballot Counting 12.29.2022

Public Report of SLO Citizen Recounts – 12-29-22 The ballot counting is scheduled to continue today at the county government center. But, we may get a major announcement later today on that process. Eric Gorham is our guest on Sound Off at 1:05 this afternoon. He’s the campaign manager for Dr. Bruce Jones, who is…

Parking For Locals 12.29.2022

Parking in downtown Paso Robles. It’s an issue that continues to fester. The new parking kiosks not appreciated by locals who have parked free in the downtown area for decades. One of the impacts is that fewer locals are shopping downtown. Especially, those who received a $50 parking ticket once or twice. Councilman Fred Strong…

Opener For Thursday 12.29.2022

An atmospheric river returns to the central coast. Rain this morning, showers this afternoon More rain through Saturday. The heaviest rain will be Saturday, then a respite Sunday, and then more rain Monday through Saturday of next week. We’ll get about an inch of rain on Saturday, and another four inches of rain next week.…

North County Weather 12.28.2022

Mostly sunny except increasing clouds this afternoon. Highs near 58. Northerly winds 5-10 miles per hour. Tonight, cloudy with a few showers overnight. Lows near 46. The chance of rain 40%. Light variable winds. Tomorrow, cloudy in the morning. Showers during the afternoon hours. Highs near 54. SE winds 5-10 miles per hour. The chance…