Local news in San Luis Obispo County including San Miguel, Paso Robles, Shandon, Templeton, Atascadero, Santa Margarita, San Luis Obispo, Avila Beach, Morro Bay, Cayucos, Cambria, Pismo Beach, Arroyo Grande, Santa Maria, and other cities along the Central Coast of California.

School Board 12.06.2018

The Paso Robles school board is holding a special meeting at eight this morning at the district office on Niblick road. The agenda is a short one. In closed session, behind closed doors, the outgoing board will complete it’s mid-year evaluation of controversial superintendent Chris Williams. During Williams brief four year term, the district’s reserve…

Weather 12.06.2018

Forecasters say we may see a few showers this morning, then mostly sunny skies through the weekend. Rainfall from the most recent storm ranged from two tenths of an inch in Shandon, to three tenths in Templeton to three quarters of an inch on Rocky Butte, just east of Cambria. Today about a 20% chance…

North County Weather 12.05.2018

Cloudy today, with a 60% chance of showers, highs near 57. Tonight, mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of rain early this evening temperatures in the mid 40’s. Mostly tomorrow with a 10% chance of showers, highs in the mid 50’s. The long range forecast calls for mostly sunny skies through Monday. A chance of…

Other Stories This Wednesday 12.05.2018

San Luis Obispo county supervisors approve a plan to generate millions of dollars to build workforce homes. A coalition of community organizations see it as a way to build more homes for low income and working families. It’s an ambitious plan that ignores the statewide shortage of housing. A bill introduced in the state assembly…

Tall Ships 12.05.2018

Two tall ships are tied up in Morro Bay for a couple weeks. The Hawaiian Chieftain and Lady Washington paying a visit to San Luis Obispo county. Captain Trandell is with the Hawaiian Chieftain. After serving in the US coast guard, he attended the Maine marine academy. Commanding the Lady Washington is captain Emma Hathaway,…

Sheriff Ian Parkinson 12.05.2018

As required by state law, San Luis Obispo county sheriff Ian Parkinson reported to the board of supervisors yesterday on immigration. Parkinson outlined what his department can do, and what state and federal law prevents them from doing. The report by the sheriff comes after a new report is published by the census bureau on…

New Council 12.05.2018

Paso Robles swears in a new city council. After the ceremony councilman John Hamon made a few comments. He said this is the last term he will serve on the council and thanked his wife for her patience. Maria Elena Garcia is the first woman to serve on Paso Robles city council in 34 years.…

Lead Weather Story 12.05.2018

Forecasters say we’ll get a little more rain today, mostly this morning. Forecasters predicting we may get two tenths of an inch of rain. John Lindsey says we’ll get anywhere from a half an inch to an inch and a quarter from this current storm. We’ll also get some southeast winds today with gusts up…

North County Weather 12.04.2018

Cloudy today, with a 50% chance of rain, highs near 55. Tonight, mostly cloudy with a 60% chance of rain temperatures in the mid 40’s. Cloudy tomorrow with a 50% chance of showers, highs in the mid 50’s. The long range forecast calls for sunny skies Thursday through Sunday. Then, a chance of showers on…

In Sports 12.04.2018

The Los Angeles Dodgers agree to extend manager Dave Roberts contract for another four years. Roberts may stay with the Dodgers through 2022. He’s taken the Dodgers to the world series for the past two years. Unfortunately, the Dodgers lost each time to the American league team.